Monday, April 27, 2020

WEEKLY ASSIGNMENT FOR TRESPASSER & AND THEN THERE WERE NONE

COLLEGE ENGLISH

Hi folks!

If you have not viewed my Youtube videos (links on last blog entry) please take a few minutes and do this!

If you have not told me your book number, PLEASE EMAIL ME IT asap!


Here is a short video of me explaining the beginning of the novel....and I read two pages...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLh0ML5ovQw

Your assignment is to read chapter 1 THROUGH 9

please do this "test" on chapters 5 through 9..

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvRlURniB4Lsz3PpAFohBY76-luLHF-quuyR607a4vA/edit

I will send out an "invite" to join me on GoogleMeets for WEDNESDAY from 10-11 AM....I wont have any "agenda."......but, rather, will just available in case anyone wants to talk about parts of the book, etc!

COLLEGE PREP

We are going to be starting AND THEN THERE WERE NONE, a mystery story by Agatha Christie. I alluded to this in a previous post; if you can get your own copy, that is awesome. If you cannot, you can click on the first link for a PDF of the book, and the second link for an AUDIO version on Youtube.. Make sure to "bookmark" these sites for future reference! Before you do anything, please check out this short video I made--I explain the book's summary and premise....and I read a page or so....



PDF BOOK

AUDIO/YOUTUBE

If you have any questions, please email me or make a comment on this blog!!!

Please read chapters 1, 2, and 3--it is about 55 pages.....

The book has some "kind of" tricky vocabulary, and I would like you to look up the following words BEFORE YOU READ (so you will understand them in the book when you DO read)...for an assignment credit, please email me ORIGINAL SENTENCES for each word!!!!

"sine qua non"
squall
subside
surreptitious
decisively
conventionally
treacherous
conscientiously
imperceptibly
luscious
disparagingly
sinister
malevolence
assenting
fraternizing
tartar (NOT the sauce....haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment