Friday, April 17, 2020

COLLEGE PREP AND COLLEGE ENGLISH: PLEASE READ!


I AM READY TO PARTY!!!!!!!


FIRST OF ALL, HAPPY FRIDAY BEFORE VACATION!

We WILL be observing April vacation. Don't worry about school for a week!

I wanted to let you know what is going on, however, so you will know for AFTER vacation!

COLLEGE PREP

For the remainder of the year we will be reading a FANTASTIC murder mystery by Agatha Christie called AND THEN THERE WERE NONE. I will record myself doing a quick video introduction and reading of the book AFTER VACATION!!! Obviously it is not ideal in that we don't have the PHYSICAL books....but, if you WANT, you can definitely order your own copy from Amazon or something. If that is not an option for you, I will be posting a couple of links: One of them is the whole book ON LINE (as a PDF)....and the other is a Youtube video of the AUDIOBOOK. That is all I will say for now...but stay tuned and ask me any questions you might have!

******

COLLEGE ENGLISH

Please be sure to obtain a copy of TRESPASSER to be good-to-go after vacation! I am going to post two short "lectures" I had Amanda video-record of me last night. These videos contain some cool and important info about the book and how we will be going about reading it. I think one is 6 minutes and the other is 4.....

In order to finish the book by the end of May/beginning of June, we will need to cover about 60 pages per week. I will be assigning weekly assignments BY CHAPTER and I will post the assignments on this web site on MONDAYS. Some assignments *might* contain more than 60 pages...and some fewer....

You can read ahead all you like...but just be prepared to stay current with the chapters we are on as a class (so you can do the study guide or quiz or whatever I assign!)

You do not HAVE to do ANYTHING over vacation. ENJOY yourself if you can. I will "officially" assign the first reading on the Monday after vacation. But, if you are interested, it will be chapters 1 THROUGH 9.

Remember: I will be posting all assignments on this site....but I may SHARE study guides/quizzes with you over email...so check that too

ONE MORE THING: Obviously, one of the greatest parts of reading books is TALKING about books....just for fun....but, also, some of you may have questions/confusion about the novel. I am going to try to post weekly "office hours" where I will set up a GoogleMeets for whomever wants to stop by and chat! Fun! Stay tuned for that! They will probably be on THURSDAYS

Friends, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your patience and fantastic work during this very very very difficult time!  PLEASE reach out ANY TIME you have a question or comment. AND PLEASE WATCH MY TWO VIDEOS!!!! They will help introduce the novel and set a context for what we are talking about!

VIDEO 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1_GPCC003o


VIDEO 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwnlRBGTogc

1 comment: