Thursday, April 16, 2020

A NEW SONG POST

HeyGuysHey. This isn't an ASSIGNMENT....I just like sharing my "art" with you and I thought I would share THIS with you as well. Many of you know Jen Ferry this year....and many more of you were probably coached in some capacity by her sister Elizabeth. You may remember last year when Elizabeth came and did a presentation about her two years in the PeaceCorp in Tanzania. A few years ago, when she was there, we had regular correspondence through text and messenger.....and I wrote this song based on what I imagined her experience was like. It is called "In a Foreign Land" and I think it is sort of appropriate today because, let's face it, we are ALL living in a "new" and "foreign land" lately, right? I even will post the lyrics in case you like to read them/enjoy poetry/etc. I would love to hear and see some of the stuff you are doing!!!! I miss you wonderful people!!!!


IN A FOREIGN LAND

If I stayed too long
would that matter here?
Dust from sandals worn
wears off like sand

Time I spend alone
worlds that collide sometimes
hours can seem like galaxies
and stars can seem like rhymes

I'm here; I will the power of my hand
My foot; it raises in this foreign land

No, there's no tigers here
judgements we all make
questions pile up like boulders
and answers remain still, like lakes

Trying to reach you there
messages from this new home
bounce off satellites
above where the wild creatures roam

You won't see my tears; you cannot understand
I'm changing lives within this foreign land

Words I write too much
come from a crowded mind
flow from this wounded hand
7 hours later than 'your time'

Humble fire made
bricks to warm my pans
metaphors abound everywhere
and no one else understands

Jared Goldsmith

No comments:

Post a Comment