Friday, April 3, 2020

BRIEF ANNOUNCEMENTS & A VERY GOOD MOVIE/DISCUSSION OPPORTUNITY!





Happy Friday all!

THANK YOU for all who have emailed me back about the dual enrollment class....and thanks for everyone who has chimed in with comments and stuff about some stuff I have posted; I just used STUFF for the third time in one sentence, btw.....

FOR NOW, all classes (CP and DUAL ENROLLMENT) should just relax and keep doing the "enrichment" suggestions your teachers are giving....

If you are doing the DUAL ENROLLMENT class, you WILL need to COMPLETE assignments.....but we HAVE NOT STARTED THAT YET. .I will be in touch about when the assignments "officially" start!!!!

Remember, ONLY IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE COLLEGE CREDIT could you please email me back individually?

If you are looking for a FANTASTIC movie to watch this weekend (Mr G would put it in his top 5 of ALL TIME), then consider the film "The 6th Sense." I used to use this film to teach literary devices....since it is SO FULL of brilliant literary things. It has nothing to do with books. What is amazing about it is that it is a "horror" or "scary" movie that.....almost INSTANTLY at one point in the film....changes GENRES and becomes a "love story." Does that make sense? It is one of those films that, when people saw it in the theatre, the film ended and people just SAT. In silence. For like 5 full minutes after it ended. Amazing. If you like endings that make your JAW DROP for like a whole 64 seconds, then WATCH IT.  Now, I cannot officially ASSIGN it because it might be PG13 or R or something....but I can suggest it..

It really is a brilliant, very literary movie with a lot to offer to an English class student. And, as a companion article to the film, I found this, recently, on line....

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-sixth-sense-turns-20-m-night-shyamalan-and-haley-joel-osment-tell-all?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Click on that tab if you feel the urge. Good article and interview.

PLEASE DON'T BE AFRAID TO COMMENT ON THIS BLOG! A lot of you told me you WANT to...but you dont wanna be the "first one" to "break the ice." COME ON!!! You are such a #greataudience and I know you can do it!

Miss you guys like crazy!!!

Mr G

3 comments:

  1. *breaking the ice*

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAT PENGUIN.................(oh....I just wanted to say something that would break the ice....lol)

    THANKS MARIAH for leaving a comment. See how fun it is?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did it. I’m helping break the ice

    ReplyDelete