Friday, January 30, 2015

SUB PLANS FOR MONDAY FEB 2

Sub Plans for Jared Goldsmith
Monday February 2, 2015

BLOCK 1: Study Hall. In my room. These kids know the drill. They are to work quietly. They need to take the pass/sign out if they are going anywhere. The signet list is on the clipboard on top of the file cabinet at the front of my room. Please note per the sub folder that these students leave at about 830 for the Tech Center. At this time, you go down to room 308 (go past the auditorium...it is the room on your right before the art room) to cover for Mark Cooper's Academic Support Lab. You stay there until the end of the period to cover for him.

BLOCK 2: College Prep English 12. This class is finishing up HAMLET and please tell them that I will be showing them acts 4 and 5 of the film starting Wednesday. For today, I would like them to work on an essay I told them about last week. They should have the “Faces Chart” handout, but if they do not, please see the pile I have on my desk and give them one. They should know that the assignment is to 'assign' a prevalent mood to the character of Hamlet (they should focus on his actions in act 3, but they can use the whole play if they want) and write an essay supporting this argument. For example, a good thesis statement, tell them, would be “In act 3 of the play, Hamlet's most prevalent mood is that of 'exasperated'” or something such as this. They are to provide at least three quotes from the play to support their argument. They may use their books to do this, obviously...but you might also offer them the computers—they can go on youtube.com and view clips of the film we have been watching, etc. They can have the entire block to use for this writing assignment. Please tell them that I will collect it on Friday. Thank you!!

(eat lunch)

BLOCK 3: College Prep English 9. This class had an assignment due on the chapter called “The Dog Star.” Please first tell the class that I will collect this assignment next class! For today's class, I would like them to focus on two things: Number one, they may finish any parts they have of this assignment, as it will be graded. (please note—I put this assignment on the board and my blog last time...kids can refer to that if they have questions). The second thing I would like them to do is to FINISH to book (they only have about another chapter in THE EDUCATION OF LITTLE TREE). For an extra credit bonus opportunity, if they write at least a half page reaction/opinion/summary of the final chapters, I will give them an A on a quiz! If they finish these two things (they should be pretty busy all class) they may read or work silently.

BLOCK 4: Honors English 12/College Composition-This class should follow the plan for Block 1 please. NOTE** Please make sure that, at the end of the day, that the kids make sure the computers are PLUGGED IN. Thank you!!!! Please note that this class has their papers due WEDNESDAY (which is next class).

Please see Dave Lachapelle should you have any questions. He will help you out. His room is just outside my door, and to the left. Thanks again!!


ALSO, you can tell kids that if they have any questions, I will be posting these sub plans on my classroom web site, which is www.goldsmithenglish.blogpost.com. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment