Wednesday, January 28, 2015

BLACK DAY-SUB PLANS!!!

Dearest students, I am out this morning at an appointment. Here are the plans I have left with the sub, FYI. Have a great day!!!!

******


BLOCK 1: Junior College Prep English: Today is an early release, so all classes are shortened from their usual length. Please explain to my junior class that I will go over midyear exams with them first thing next class. For today's class, please write down the following vocabulary words on the board. The students can use either their smartphone devices OR the Macbooks in the cart in the back of my room to look up the words and write definitions. Please tell them that this quiz will be next week, either Wednesday or Thursday. After they are done with the words, they can work on other work. Thank you!



  1. clairvoyant
  2. condescending
  3. censure
  4. ephemeral
  5. rancorous
  6. prudent
  7. sagacity
  8. submissive
  9. eloquent
  10. vindicate
  11. intrepid
  12. diligent
  13. discredit
  14. hackneyed
  15. frugal
  16. assiduous
  17. benevolent
  18. arid
  19. antagonist



BLOCK 2: Creative Writing/elective: Creative writing is a semester long, elective course. The class technically started this past Tuesday (that was the first Black day of the quarter), but, since we had a snow day this past Tuesday, TODAY would be the first time these students are in my room...haha...and I am not here. I have not 'begun' class with these kids yet, therefore I am hard pressed to have any work for them to do—we havent 'started' anything. Since today is an early release/shortened class, please tell the students that they may either work on other work they have for their other classes, OR spend the time doing something related to creative writing (perhaps they would like to read for pleasure, write in their journals, etc etc). If students are truly hard pressed to find something to do, please direct them to my collection of 'Reader's Digest” magazines (in the back of my room on the metal bookshelves....the one closest to the front of the room has them) and have them explore the various ways writers 'write' in these editions. Thank you!!



PLEASE NOTE: I told the office I am only taking a half a sick day today due to my appointment. I should be back, at the very latest, by the end of block 2. Block 3 is lunch duty in the cafe and Block 4 is my free period, by the way. Thank you very much. Should you have any questions, please see Dave Lachapelle (go out my door, bang a left and he is around the corner! Thanks!)



ALSO: I am posting these sub plans on my classroom blog, which is www.goldsmithclass.blogspot.com (just in case the kids had any questions, or some were absent, etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment