Thursday, September 22, 2016

SUB PLANS FOR BLACK DAY SEPT 23

To all black day classes: Below, for your own info, is a copy of the sub plan I left for my absence this Friday. English classes: You will find the vocab words listed here for you to look up. I am here today (THURSDAY) all day, so if there are any questions come see me!

***************

SUB PLANS
JARED GOLDSMITH
FRIDAY, SEPTERMBER 23

I have told all classes in advance that I would not be here Friday, AND I told them the sub plan. Please have the kids refer to the blog www.goldsmithenglish.blogspot.com where I have posted this plan

BLOCK 1 ENGLISH 12-I would like this class to work on their next set of vocab words. The vocabulary words are as follows, and I would like them to look up the words and write a sentence for each one. They should bring this to class next time and we will go over it!

Agitate      litigate
prodigal     synagogue
venue         incipient
finite          trajectory
conducive  obsequious
Appolonian Bacchanalian
Delphic       Olympian
Mercurial    Jovial
Rubicon     Adonis
Amazon     Ambrosial

They may use the chromebooks or their phones (or a dictionary!!) to look these up

BLOCK 2 PUBLIC SPEAKING-A great, small class. We are in between units and I told the class to bring something to work on—something to keep them occupied. They can research speeches on youtube, read, work on other work, etc.

FOCUS TIME: 25 min in room...some of my homeroom kids will be here (some of them are off at MMTC, with other teachers, etc). Please just take attendance of who is there and send it to the office. Thanks

STUDY HALL-this is a split study hall, which means we have lunch in the middle...several students will sign out to go to the library....they will come and check in with you.

COLLEGE PREP 12- Please have this class do the same vocabulary exercise as block 1, and please tell them that I will go over the words with them next time. In addition, since we are starting BEOWULF, please have them get a text book (the green and brown ones on the shelf under my UNH RUGBY shirt) and read pages 6 thru 9 and have them write me a half page summary of what they read. Please have them put the books back neatly when they are done (Do Not Take Them Home) and tell them to give me the summary next class!


Thanks for subbing for me today! I hope you had a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment