Tuesday, December 8, 2015

ORANGE DAY (SUB PLANS BECAUSE I AM AT A CONFERENCE)

Sub Plans
Jared Goldsmith
December 8, 2015

Thanks for subbing for me today. My schedule and plans are as follows:

BLOCK 1-This is my free period. Relax.

BLOCK 2-This is a senior “college composition” class. This group of seniors is reading BEOWULF. Please have them read section 2 of BEOWULF (The battle with Grendel's mother) and actively take notes on the following as they read a) examples that show Beowulf's arrogance b) how Beowulf displays 'superhuman' characteristics in this section c) details to show the difference between this fight and the original fight with Grendel. They should take a good deal of notes as they read, and please tell them I will collect this on Thursday. Would you also remind the class that they have their vocab (cultural literacy) test on Thursday and they will need to know how to use the terms in sentences AND they will have to know the 'backstory' of the phrases. Thanks

LUNCH

BLOCK 3- This is a junior college prep English class. They are reading the book A SEPARATE PEACE. Please have them read chapter 3 in class. Please have them jot down three quotes from Finny that they think shows them the type of character he is. Would you also remind them that their A SEPARATE PEACE Vocab test 1 is on Thursday and they should be ready for it!

BLOCK 4-Same as block 2....Thanks!

I told my classes ahead of time that I would be out today, so they should already have a rough idea of today's plans. Please tell them I will also “cut and paste” these lesson plans on my class web site (www.goldsmithenglish.blogspot.com) if they have any questions!


Please only allow one student at a time to leave for bathroom/etc...the pass is on the file cabinet at the front of the room

No comments:

Post a Comment