Tuesday, November 28, 2017

SUB PLANS FOR 11/29-ORANGE DAY


***Hi classes! Below, you will find the exact sub plan I left with the sub for class today. I hope you all have a great day and I will see you soon! Mr. G***
 
**************************

SUB PLANS FOR JARED GOLDSMITH
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 29, 2017

BLOCK 1-ENGLISH 12: We are in the middle of our short story unit. Please have the students get a Chromebook (or, if they want, they can use their own device) and find the story “The Black Cat” by Edgar Allan Poe (If they Google “The Black Cat Full Text” they should be able to hit the first site that comes up). I would like them to read the whole story. I would like them to write about the story's CONFLICT—do they think it has man vs man, man vs self, man vs nature, or, perhaps, all three? Please have them write an explanation of what they think the conflicts are in the story. Please do not collect anything—part of their grade will be remembering to bring their work in on Friday so they can pass it in!!

BLOCK 2-STUDY HALL: A great group of kids in my room. Stephanie Shorette often signs out to go to Mrs Vigue's room....other students sign out to the library, and you should get a roster with their names delivered to you. Please ask Haley Twitchell (a girl in the study hall) if you are confused. Thanks!

FOCUS TIME-HOMEROOM ROSTER-Just be sure to take attendance, as some students may be “tagged” by other teachers

(your lunch)

BLOCK 3-COLLEGE COMPOSITION: This class got new vocab words on Monday. Please remind them that they have a test on FRIDAY on these words. In class today, for review, I would like them to use each word, correctly, in a sentence. I will collect this on Friday before the quiz, and if it is complete, I will give them extra credit on the quiz. When they are done with this vocab review, they may work on their independent reading books to prepare for their quarter 2 “booktalks.” They may also work on other work quietly. **NOTE** Some students may have compositions that they want to hand in. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANY PAPERS FROM STUDENTS! Please instruct them to wait until I see them Friday....at that time, they can give their papers to me themselves. Thank you for this!

BLOCK 4-COLLEGE COMPOSITION: Please follow same plan as block 3

**NOTE** One irregularity to today's schedule is that the guidance dept is running a program called “Admit In A Day,” where kids may be pulled out of classes or study halls in order to go interview with college admissions representatives. This 'shouldn't' disrupt the English classes....but it might...and that is fine. Kids can fill you in. I just wanted you to be aware of this.

FINALLY, I have “cut and pasted” this sub plan onto my classroom web site at www.goldsmithenglish.blogspot.com, just in case any kids needed clarification, etc

Thanks so much and I hope you have a great day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment