Tuesday, December 13, 2016

SUB PLANS FOR WED DECEMBER 14

Good morning and thank you for subbing for me today. Your schedule for the day will go as follows:

Block 1: Free/planning period

Block 2: College Composition-For this class today, I would like them to look up and define the following vocab words. You can either copy this list on the board, or you can have the students check my blog/web site (I will post this whole sub plan on my web site at www.goldsmithenglish.blogspot.com) .These are words containing some Latin roots. We will go over the definitions on Friday, but please be sure to have the students get these words down and defined. If they have time after the vocab list, I would like them to read in HAMLET Act 3 Scene 1. Please remind the students that on Friday we will finish the film for Act 2, and we will go over Act 3 scene 1. All vocab and HAMLET tests will be next week....

Here are the vocab words:


1. antebellum
2. bellicose
3. inimical
4. paramour
5. approbation
6. probity
7. reprobate
8. gravid
9. gravitas
10. leavening
11. levity
12. alleviate
13. cicerone
14. hector
15. nestor
16. spartan
17. stentorian
18. stoic
19. draconian
20. sybaritic

FOCUS TIME: 25 minutes in my classroom....please take attendance of the kids who are present and send down to the office just like other classes (use the homeroom attn. as your list)

Block 3: Study Hall: A great, small group of kids. This study hall is in Mr Wickmans room. Please take attendance, but know that some kids don't show up (because they leave for open campus) and some sign up for the library or go to other teachers' rooms. But they should all check in with you, the sub, first

Lunch is eaten in between the two parts of this block 3 study hall

Block 4: College Composition- Please follow the same plan as block 1! Thank you!

I appreciate you subbing for me today while I am at my conference. Please see Ellen Pinkham across the hall. She is the dept chair, should there be any questions.

Jared





No comments:

Post a Comment