Tuesday, March 31, 2015

SUB PLANS FOR APRIL 1 ORANGE DAY

Hi classes. I am out sick today. I have posted the following sub plans on this blog for your convenience. Thanks and see you all in Thursday hopefully!

*************



SUB PLANS

JARED GOLDSMITH

APRIL 1 2015



BLOCK 1-Study hall until 828 in my room...then, per my sub folder notes, you go down to Mark Cooper's room (next to Katrina Billings' art room) to relieve him for his break. Please note that for the first half, several kids may sign out to guidance, etc. Bryce usually has a pass to go to the gym with Ms Beckwith. Nate and Trevor may have a pass to go to Ms Littlefield's room. Good group of kids.



BLOCK 2- Senior CP English. Small class. They are reading THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO. Last time they copied a character list off the board. For extra credit points, they might “fill in” some of the characters themselves (we did not do this last time). I will complete the character list with them when I return. Also, they have a paper that is due today. Please DO NOT collect it...I will collect it when I return. They may use the time to work on the paper if they did not finish it. Finally, I would ask that they read the next thirty pages (or as close as that is to the end of a chapter) for Friday's class. Thanks!



LUNCH



BLOCK 3-Freshmen CP English. A good class...a couple of 'enthusiastic' kids in Cody and Logan. Sometimes Nick gets involved. All three are harmless...but feel free to separate them if they become an issue. I have two things for this class to do. They got new vocab words for I AM THE CHEESE (book they are reading) last time. Please have them write their vocab words in sentences. I will check this off for a participation grade when I return. Secondly, on my desk with the laptop on it, you will find a sheet with three or four 'thought questions' for the the chapters they were supposed to read. Please give this sheet out to the class and have them complete it. Please do not collect it...I will get it from them when I return. There is NO new reading assignment...they should take advantage of the time to CATCH UP. Also, there vocab test is Friday....



BLOCK 4-College Composition/Honors Senior English. This class is reading THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO as well (just like the CP class). I would like this class to do the following two things. First of all, you can assign them to read through chapter 37 of the story (tell them this is a longer assignment, but they have all of class today to work on it as well....) Also, I would like you to pass out the photocopied sheets that contain their next writing assignment—the paper is labeled 'Count of Monte Cristo' writing assignment...it deals with the notion of a “Renaissance Man.” Please give each student one of these and tell them it will be due next week and I will touch base with them about it on Friday.



Thank you again for subbing for me today. If you have any issues, please see Dave Lachapelle (outside my room and to the left) or Ellen Tello (dept chair) whose room is right beside Dave's. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment